[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Webster Telescopes Forum • View topic - C32 vs. 36" Tectron
Webster Telescopes Forum
A Frendly Place for Serious Astronomers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: C32 vs. 36" Tectron
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Wambo sent me some cool Okie-Tex star party pics where the C32 and the Yard Scope went head to head.

Attachments:
C32-and-YS.jpg
C32-and-YS.jpg [ 50.55 KiB | Viewed 10286 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: C32 vs. 36" Tectron
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Here is the Yard Scope. Very big and very cool!

Attachments:
YS.jpg
YS.jpg [ 52 KiB | Viewed 10284 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:58 pm 

Looks like Joe has some type of filter slide on his scope. I wonder 1.) what kind is it? and 2.) can it be used with the SIPS paracorr installed?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:38 pm 

dave wrote:
Looks like Joe has some type of filter slide on his scope. I wonder 1.) what kind is it? and 2.) can it be used with the SIPS paracorr installed?

He's using an AstroCrumb and it can certainly be used w/ the SIPS as I'm using it with the SIPS on my 32".

John

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:08 pm 

It is an modified astrocrumb. I ordered the mark II slide but decided to mount the slide blocks directly(permanently) to the back of the focuser board instead of clamping the slide blocks to the draw tube extension ring provided in the kit. I drilled out the slide blocks with a hole saw to allow clearance of the focuser tube. There is just enough clearance when the focuser is racked all the way in with the paracorr type II drop in which is the system I use. With the slide blocks permanently mounted to the focuser board, light path intrusion is minimized and lateral forces on the focuser drawtube itself are eliminated when switching filters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:26 am 

Are there any observing reports out there comparing the views between the 36" Yard Scope and the 32" Webster?

Thanks.