[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Webster Telescopes Forum • View topic - Any 40" scope pics?
Webster Telescopes Forum
A Frendly Place for Serious Astronomers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any 40" scope pics?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:39 pm 

Hey Websters,

Guys on the Cloudy Nights forums are saying they can't find any pictures online of your 1 meter telescopes.

Do you have any you could post on that site? How come you guys don't have any pictures of the 40" on your site? The one meter and 20" links don't work.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Any 40" scope pics?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:32 pm 

A few of our scopes are in a state of re-design, so we pulled the links. It really does not make sense to show older, slightly larger, designs that really don't represent the instruments we are currently crafting.

Our new mirror cell design has snipped an inch off here and there. Nothing requiring a new model name, but enough to change up the Mirrorbox and Rockerbox dimensions. It won't be too long and we will have each scope link updated and working again.

As far as the 40" scopes, no one has ordered one in a few years. I'm sure I have some pictures, but they are probably on actual film (I was one of the last people to get a digital camera; still don't have a cell phone). I've moved twice since then, so it would take some box searching to find the prints. Those "A" series scopes were great for their time, but they sure do not demonstrate our current construction techniques.

There are always going to be public people who attend starparties, are online constantly with signature lines and have websites dedicated to their telescopes. Along the same lines, there are plenty of people who do not travel with their scopes, go online only to find an address, and live in rural areas with only dial up internet service (like my mother). They are very unlikely to post pictures or have their own website.

I just Googled "Webster Telescopes" for images and there are only 66 listed at all. I could not find any 22", and the only 28" is from Dave Bonandrini's review on Astromart. Those are our two most popular sizes!

Gentlemen, post more pictures of your scopes. Google is ignoring us!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

We do not suggest anyone stand on the top of a ladder, let alone in the strong wind gusts we had that day. Look at the shroud billowing out.

Attachments:
big-scope0122.jpg
big-scope0122.jpg [ 47.83 KiB | Viewed 14289 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

My best guess is that this picture came from our old website when we were on Flashnet. 36" in front and a 22" f/4 behind it.

Attachments:
scope-comp.jpg
scope-comp.jpg [ 58.78 KiB | Viewed 14285 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:39 pm 

OMG, you have got to post these pics on Cloudy Nights! The people over there will go crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think we need to use their site to advertise our older models. If you ever want to post pictures or text from our site, you always have our permission.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:00 pm 

Were are these 40" and 36" scopes now?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:32 am 
Site Admin

skyward_eyes wrote:
Were are these 40" and 36" scopes now?

Like always, some customers have kept in touch, others have dropped off of the radar over the years.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:32 am 

Id like a 24"-32" Webster, everything is just so amazingly expensive. Someday I will own one!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:51 am 
Site Admin

You can climb right inside the 40 inchers.

Attachments:
40inch.jpg
40inch.jpg [ 29.32 KiB | Viewed 14122 times ]